Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Post

Since this is my first post on any blog (does that make this my maiden voyage?), I just felt like sharing a poem I wrote years ago. Read and enjoy.

MOONLIGHT AND RAIN

Whispering rain is calling my name
Moonlight glistens as I listen
Memories lead me to a day
of friendships that ran deep

Then faith untested still lay nested
safe inside untouched by pride
and hope was yet a child
unscarred and unafraid.

"Remember please" sings out the breeze
"the innocence of love first blessed.
and draw upon the reservoir
of joy once filled so free."

So I, re-dreaming love's first gleaming
see its sparkle dance through dark 'till
happiness is breathed in sighs of yesterday.

For when one wonders why one's brothers
fell from grace or lost their place,
it's often best to cradle pain
under moonlight mixed with rain.

2 comments:

Joe McIntyre said...

Hi Jerry,
I'm new to blogging so I'm amazed I've gotten this far. What's new with you other than God beginning to manifest His miracle in your body and soul? We will be there in September. Does that Saturday work to get together. We'll be in Loveland, which I think is about 40 miles from where you are. What do you propose?

Ann said...

Hi, Jerry! Great idea! Thanks for the invitation. I'm so new to blogging but I quite think I like it.
Your poem certainly voices some of my words and gives new words to responses in my mind and heart after reading what you sent the day before yesterday.
Both writings are so real and so helpful. Both report and remember pain. Both point the way and release gratitude and faith.
Thanks for these opportunities to share!

Deep Canyon

Deep Canyon
Follow the Way

Openness

Openness

Blog List